HBA GLobal Expo 2013 SummaryThe Tube Council, www.tube.org participated in HBA Global Expo 2013,June 18 - 20, 2013 @ Jacob Javit's Convention Center, New York, New York. We hosted the Tube Council booth and our Innovation Pavilion, exhibiting a number of our member’s products, technologies and services.
The Tube Council, wwww.tube.org participated in HBA Global Expo 2013,June 18 - 20, 2013 @ Jacob Javit's Convention Center, New York, New York. We hosted the Tube Council booth and our Innovation Pavilion, exhibiting a number of our member’s products, technologies and services. In addition, to our booth, members exhibiting included:
- Carey Color, Tim Murphy, www.careycolor.com
- Essel Propack, Ted Sojourner and team, www.esselpropack.com
- Hewlett - Packard, www.hp.com
- Polytype America, Jason Turner and team. www.wifag-polytype.com
- Viva Healthcare Packaging, www.viva-healthcare.com
Tube Council activities included,
1) Our annual business meeting and dinner, Monday, June 17, 2013. Meeting and dinner were well attended.
Photo of our Dinner party at ARNOS Restaurant, NYC., refer photo attachments.
2) Elections. We elected new officers during our Annual business meeting, Monday, June, 17, 2013
Note, the following members accepted nomination and were elected to the following positions,
- Michael Hoard, President, The Tube Council. Michael representing Albea, Michael Hoard, Director, Product Launch, Development & Specifications
Albéa Americas, Inc.
191 Route 31 North, Washington, NJ 07882, USA
Tel. + 1 908-835-5315 / Cell + 1 212-729-9980 / Fax + 1 908-689-6660
- Bruno LeBeault, Vice President. Bruno representing Viva Healthcare. Bruno LeBeault, Marketing Director - North America Viva Healthcare Packaging
1663 Neilson Rd
Toronto, ON, Canada, M1X 1T1
O: (416) 321 - 0622, ext 2252
- Jose Mathieu, Director. Jose representing Plastube Inc, Jose Mathieu, Eng. ASC, President and CEO Plastube Inc. 0 Simonds South
Granby QC, Canada, J2J 1E1
O: (450) 378 2633 Ext. 312
- Ted Sojourner, Director. Ted representing Essel Propack,
Regional Vice President Essel Propack
187 Cane Creek Parkway
Danville, VA 24540
O: 434-822-8007 ext373
3) Bob Almer, Director of sales @ Intrapac and Jacques Sassouni, President @ Artube, fulfilled their term of service on our board, and stepped down, allowing Jose and Ted to assume those positions.
4) Membership. We welcome Sean Watanabe and DNP AMERICA LLC., joining as an associate member
DNP America, LLC
Tel : (212) 503 1073
Cell : (917) 679 8845
E-mail : Watanabe-S23@mail.dnp.co.jp
URL : www.dnpamerica.com
5) Web site. Our new web site, www.tube.org, was unveiled at HBA 2013. It is updated and upgrade, allowing our members direct access to their profiles, enabling them a level of control and flexibility in tailoring their information. We thank, Sherri Sanders @ IndustrialWebWorks.net, for their efforts in developing our new site. My new address will be: email@example.com
6) T.O.Y. Tube of the year. We were gearing up for our next competition. Several rule changes will provide a bigger window of opportunity for submissions allowing for more competition, and make the competition better than ever!
7) Winter Conference 2014. We are evaluating a number of sites for our winter conference. I am exploring the possibility of tying the meeting to West Pack in February 2013, and will report to the board in the near future.
8) Tube Council , Innovation Pavilion for HBA Global Expo 2014. We enlisted a significant number of members support who are interested in participating and exhibiting for 2014.
9) Future activities. We are exploring a number of ideas that will promote squeeze tubes, educate and bring value .
I continue to serve as executive secretary & treasurer. Looking forward to working with you promoting squeeze tubes as the package of choice in the marketplace!
Executive Secretary & Treasurer
The Tube Council
M: (434) 851 – 7734